Saturday, May 2, 2009

Verizon DSL unblocked port 80?

I had pretty given up on setting up a web server really on my verizon dsl in new york because they have been blocking it since code red virus which is like over 7 years? I did setup dynamic ip hosting with port forwarding for some demonstrations but imagine my surprise when I read a forum post in dslreports.com that someone mentioned that verizon was slowly removing the port 80 block.

It's UNBLOCKED!!! I can not seem to find any internet searches that verified my outcome but than it could also because of my recent phone problems where a telephone repair man said I had a short and would get the Central Office to change my circuit.

Great news right? Too bad they block the smtp port 25 but I thought this was a worthy of a blog post since I'm so excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment